Bungou Stray Dogs season 5 has me on the edge of my seat as Dazai, the man who has defied death time and time again, appears to be dead. I hope he has another trick up his sleeve.
Osamu Dazai was shot point-blank in the forehead by Chuuya in episode 10 of Bungo Stray Dogs season 5, an adaptation of chapter 109 of the manga. It has not been confirmed if Dazai is dead.
However, I believe that he is alive as after being shot in the head, Dazai utters, “At long last, I’ve been looking forward to thi…” and passes out. A person can not utter any words once shot in the head point blank. This implies that Dazai has survived.
Let’s delve further to understand the situation.
1. Is Dazai really dead in Bungou Stray Dogs?
No, Dazai is not really dead in Bungou Stray Dogs, even though Chuuya shoots him point-blank in the head.
We all run to manga to back us up when the anime leaves us on cliffhangers.
Unfortunately, the anime is well caught up with the manga, so we don’t get to know what actually happened to Dazai.
This is probably the first time I felt annoyed that the anime has caught on with the manga, as any cliffhangers and doubts that ravaged my mind could be answered by reading the succeeding manga chapters.
In chapter 109, “In The Small Room, Part 5,” Dazai and Chuuya are face to face again, but Chuuya is under the influence of vampirism and obediently follows Fyodor’s orders like a puppet.
Fyodor orders him to finish Dazai, and without any hesitation, Chuuya shoots him in the right shoulder.
Then, there’s a moment of contact between Chuuya’s gun and Dazai’s forehead. Dazai pleads with Chuuya to come to his senses and says, “Our fate will not end in a place like this because you and I are destined to-.”
Boom, Chuuya shoots him point blank in the head and shoots a few more shots.
Ultimately, Dazai utters, “At long last, I’ve been looking forward to thi…”
It’s unclear if Dazai is actually dead or not. However, I believe that he is alive.
While Dazai and Chuuya often profess to dislike or even hate each other, it’s impossible to ignore the complex history that has developed over time, making many fans relish their interactions.
2. Theories that support Dazai isn’t dead
Dazai Osamu has stolen the spotlight as the star of the franchise, even though the protagonist is Atsushi Nakajima.
Killing him off so suddenly is mind-boggling and infuriating. It’s like killing Levi from Attack on Titan or Naruto.
Here are some theories as to why I believe that Dazai is not dead.
- Well, to start off, no one is capable of uttering a sentence once shot point-blank, and our man Dazai managed to utter something like
“At long last, I’ve been looking forward to thi…”
It’s literally impossible to do so unless the person isn’t actually dead. Do you get my point?
- Next, After Chuuya shoots him in the right shoulder, his gun touches Dazai’s forehead, and now that they are so close in proximity, it appears that Dazai’s foot is touching Chuuya.
This implies that Dazai’s Nullifying ability, “No longer human,” has been activated, and Chuuya must have been nullified and back to his senses.
- This one is pretty interesting, and you gotta be Eagle-eyed. In the manga, Chuuya shoots him four times. First in Dazai’s right shoulder, then his forehead, then the left shoulder, and the fourth one around his abdomen.
Here’s the catch: the wall behind Dazai appears to have only 3 gunshot marks even though he was shot 4 times.
- Also, there is no gunshot indent behind Dazai’s head. There are three areas smeared with blood where he was shot, except for the area behind his head, which is visible when he slumps against the wall. Do you see where I am getting at?
This means that either Chuuya has played a trick with gravity manipulation or the bullet is inside Dazai’s brain, fret not as bullet-penetrating brain injuries have a good chance of surviving.
Hence, it’s safe to assume that Dazai Osamu is not dead.
3. BSD Chapter 111 Release Date
Bungou Stray Dogs manga chapter 111 will be out on September 08, 2023, at 12:30 a.m. JST or 11:30 a.m. EDT. It’s possible that it may be out earlier, though.
Until then, hold your horses and engage yourself by reading “No Longer Human ” by Dazai Osamu.
4. Where to Read Bungou Stray Dogs Manga?
5. About Bungou Stray Dogs
Bungou Stray Dogs is a manga series by Kafka Asagiri and illustrated by Sango Harukawa. It has also received an anime adaptation.
The story follows Atsushi, a weretiger, who later joins the Armed Detective Agency, where people with special abilities help keep peace in the area.
The agency faces peril from time to time and must rise up against all odds.