The adventures of Luffy and the Strawhat pirates have won over thousands of fans, and it is the lifeblood of otaku culture. With coldblooded twists and a whole Christmas’ worth of easter eggs, this manga has captured the hearts of almost every otaku.
With 1070+ chapters and 1050+ episodes, One Piece is a nightmare for any beginner. Of course, if you just set your heart into it and just begin the series, the incredible plot will carry you forward.
Still, for those of you who want to catch up to this shonen manga quickly, here is the ultimate reading guide to One Piece. We have something for everyone, so even the One Piece veterans will find a spinoff or another to keep themselves busy with while waiting for the next chapter.
1. One Piece Manga Volumes in Order
I. East Blue Saga
- Romance Dawn Arc (Volume 1)
- Orange Town Arc (Volumes 1 to 3)
- Syrup Village Arc (Volumes 3 to 5)
- Baratie Arc (Volumes 5 to 8)
- Arlong Park Arc (Volumes 8 to 11)
- Loguetown Arc (Volumes 11 to 12)
II. Alabasta Saga
- Reverse Mountain Arc (Volume 12)
- Whisky Peak Arc (Volumes 12 to 13)
- Little Garden Arc (Volumes 13 to 15)
- Drum Island Arc (Volumes 15 to 17)
- Arabasta Arc (Volumes 17 to 24)
III. Sky Island Saga
- Jaya Arc (Volumes 24 to 25)
- Skypiea Arc (Volumes 26 to 32)
IV. Water 7 Saga
- Long Ring Long Land Arc (Volumes 32 to 34)
- Water 7 Arc (Volumes 34 to 39)
- Enies Lobby Arc (Volumes 39 to 44)
- Post-Enies Lobby Arc (Volumes 45 to 46)
V. Thriller Bark Saga
- Thriller Bark Arc (Volumes 46 to 50)
VI. Summit War Saga
- Sabaody Archipelago Arc (Volumes 50 to 53)
- Amazon Lily Arc (Volumes 53 to 54)
- Impel Down Arc (Volumes 54 to 56)
- Marineford Arc (Volumes 56 to 59)
- Post-War Arc (Volumes 59 to 61)
VII. Fish-Man Island Saga
- Return to Sabaody Arc (Volume 61)
- Fish-Man Island Arc (Volumes 61 to 66)
VIII. Dressrosa Saga
- Punk Hazard Arc (Volumes 66 to 70)
- Dressrosa Arc (Volumes 70 to 80)
IX. Four Emperors Saga
- Zou Arc (Volumes 80 to 82)
- Whole Cake Island (Volumes 82 to 90)
- Levely Arc (Volumes 90)
- Wano Country Arc (Volumes 90-104 and ongoing)
X. Final Saga
- Egghead Arc (Chapter 1058-ongoing)
2. One Piece Spinoffs Manga
- One Piece Party (2014-2021)
- One Piece Omake (2004-2016)
- Chin Piece (2018-2020)
- One Piece in Love (2018-ongoing)
- One Piece: Kobiyama Who Looks Like Koby – Two Piece in a Pod (2018-2019)
- Shokugeki no Sanji (2018-20220
- Fischer’s x One Piece – Nanatsunagi no Daihiho (2018-present)
- One Piece School (2019-present)
- One Piece episode A (2020-2021)
- Special Episode “Luff” (2017)
3. One Piece Animanga
Animanga are manga adaptations of anime series or movies. The following chapters and series are manga adaptations of One Piece movies.
- One Piece Movie: Dead End Adventure (2003)
- One Piece Movie: Curse of the Sacred Sword (20004)
- One Piece Film: STRONG WORLD (2009)
- ONE PIECE FILM Z(2013)
- ONE PIECE FILM GOLD (2017)
- One Piece Movie: The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle (2006)
- One Piece Movie: Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates (2008)
- One Piece The Movie: Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in Winter, Miracle Sakura (2009)
4. One Piece One Shots
- Chapter 0 (2009)
- Roronoa Zoro Falls Into the Sea (2019)
- Vivi’s Adventure (2021)
- Nami vs. Kalifa (2022)
5. Where to Read One Piece?
You can read all the One Piece chapters on the Viz Media and Mangaplus websites. Only the first three chapters and the most recent three chapters can be read for free, but you can read it whole with an account and subscription.
The chapters are also widely available on the Internet, but the spinoffs can be hard to find. Support the author by buying official volumes as much as possible.
6. Frequently Asked Questions
I. Should you watch or read One Piece?
Since One Piece has over 1070+ manga chapters and 1050+ anime episodes, people find it hard to complete both. However, both the anime and the manga are equally amazing so it depends on whether you like reading more or watching.
If you want a complete filer-free experience, then follow this guide and read the manga. It is however faster to read the manga if you want to save time.
II. When will One Piece end?
One Piece is currently in its final saga, but its ending won’t appear so soon. Eiichiro Oda did confess that he will unveil many mysteries in the upcoming chapters, and fans can already see it coming true. However, you will have to wait a few more years for One Piece to conclude.
7. About One Piece
One Piece is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda. It has been serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine since July 22, 1997.
The man who had acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, is Gol D. Roger. The final words he said at the execution tower were “My treasures? If you want it, I’ll let you have it. Look for it; I left all of it at that place.” These words sent many to the seas, chasing their dreams, headed toward the Grand Line, in search of One Piece. Thus began a new age!
Seeking to be the greatest pirate in the world, young Monkey D. Luffy also heads toward the Grand Line in search of One Piece. His diverse crew is joining him along the way, consisting of a swordsman, marksman, navigator, cook, doctor, archaeologist, and cyborg-shipwright, this will be one memorable adventure.