The COVID-19 pandemic had greatly affected the entertainment industry globally. It resulted in premieres getting delayed, shoots stopping midway, and productions coming to a halt.
TOHO Visual Entertainment’s official Youtube channel also released a special video for the upcoming film with its new release date.
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Live-Action Film was initially slated to release in Japanese Theatres on May 15, but TOHO and film’s production committee delayed the film until further notice due to the pandemic.
The official website and Twitter account for Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Live-Action Film announced on July 7 that the film would open in Japanese theatres on September 25.
Sorry to keep you waiting
The release was postponed
Movie “Don’t put your hands on the video lab! Is published 9 ⃣ Month 2 ⃣ Five ⃣ Decided on the day
It’s still a difficult world, but We hope you will enjoy watching the image research that rampages on the screen in September.
Let’s go, the cinema. Let’s go, the strongest world.
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! also inspired a six-episode television drama directed by Tsutomu Hanabusa in April 2020. Thinking Dogs performed the theme song, “Heavenly ideas,” for the series.
The Live-Action film will see a returning cast and staff from the show with Tsutomu Hanabusa as director.
Meanwhile, if you want to know more about the anime counterpart of Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken, do check my post on season 2: Everything you need to know about Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Season 2.
The Nogizaka46 idol group members Minami Umezawa, Asuka Saitō, and Mizuki Yamashita star in the film as Sayaka Kanamori, Midori Asakusa, and Tsubame Mizusaki respectively. They also perform the film’s theme song “Fantastic Sanshoku Pan” (Fantastic Three-Filling Bun).
Other cast members include
- Sakurako Konishi as student council president Tōru Dōtonbori
- Ema Grace as student council secretary Sowande Sakaki
- Riko Fukumoto as attack squad leader Hisashi Ashima
- Ryō Matsuzaki as student council treasurer Shunya Ō
- Suzunosuke as Kuroda
- Masayuki Deai as Asakasa
- Masahiro Takashima as Fujimoto-sensei.
- Minami Hamabe as Haruko, a weather club member
- Mizuki Itagaki as Ono, a member of the robot club that has requested Eizouken to make an anime
- Hiyori Sakurada as Dōmeki, an audio club member who wants to collaborate with Eizouken on anime production
- Eiji Akaso as Kobayashi, a robot club member
- Yura Someno as Takanashi, a member of the robot club
- Yuki Kameda as Azuhata, a member of the robot club
- Mirai Kawazu, a member of the weather club
- Wakana Matsumoto as Tsubame’s mother
- Sō Yamanaka as Tsubame’s father
About Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Sumito Ōwara.
The anime television series adaptation released on January 5, 2020, with 12 episodes, last one being aired on March 22, 2020. It follows the lives of three high-school girls trying to make an anime of their very own.
The main cast consists of the nerdy Midori Asakusa, the exuberant Tsubame Mizusaki, and the deadpan Sayaka Kanamori.
Source: Official Website