The plot of Gintama is so subtle that anime watchers would find it hard to differentiate between the fillers and the canon episodes!
A total of 367 episodes of Gintama have aired, out of which only 22 are reported fillers, with a low filler percentage of 6%.
Gintama is a series that has the likeliness of a weekly sitcom. With its parodical humor, the show is an acquired taste. The fillers are the same.
The episodes range from Yorozuya vs. Shinsengumi Janken fight to Queen bees getting killed by PlayStations. Topped with a Mayorin Dream Factory, the fillers are too good to skip.
But you can use this guide to check out these fillers and see for yourself if they are worth skipping or not!
1. Gintama Filler List
- Canon Episodes: 3-49, 51-56, 58-74, 76-81, 83-105, 107-110, 112-113, 115-119, 121-123, 126-134, 136, 138-149, 151-154, 156-163, 165, 167-170, 172, 175, 177-184, 186-208, 210-251, 253-366
- Partial Filler Episodes: 82, 111, 120, 367
- Filler Episodes: 1-2, 50, 57, 75, 106, 114, 124-125, 135, 137, 150, 155, 164, 166, 171, 173-174, 176, 185, 209, 252
|Episode Number||Title||Air Date||Where to Watch|
|1-2||You Guys!! Do You Even Have a Gintama?||2006-04-04||Crunchyroll for Episode 1 Crunchyroll for Episode 2|
|50||Pending means Pending, It’s Not Final!||2007-04-05||Crunchyroll|
|57||When Looking for Things You’ve Lost, Remember What You Were Doing on The Day You Lost It!||2007-05-17||Crunchyroll|
|75||Don’t Complain About Your Job at Home, Do it Somewhere Else.||2007-09-27||Crunchyroll|
|106||Love is Often Played Out in Sudden Death.||2008-05-15||Crunchyroll|
|114||They Say Soy Sauce on Pudding Tastes Like Sea Urchin, But Soy Sauce on Pudding Only Tastes Like Pudding and Soy Sauce.||2008-07-10||Crunchyroll|
|124||When Nagging Goes Too Far It becomes Intimidating.||2008-09-18||Crunchyroll|
|125||Entering the Final Chapter.||2008-09-25||Crunchyroll|
|135||Before Worrying About Earth, Think About the Even More Endangered ‘Gintaman.’||2008-12-04||Crunchyroll|
|137||99% of Men aren’t Confident in Confessing Their Love.||2008-12-18||Crunchyroll|
|150||If You Can’t Beat Them, Join Them.||2009-03--26||Crunchyroll|
|155||The Other Side of The Other Side of The Other Side Would Be the Other Side.||2009-04-30||Crunchyroll|
|164||That Matsutake Soup Stuff Tastes Better Than the Real Deal People Who Die Stay Dead.||2009-07-02||Crunchyroll|
|166||Two is Better Than One. Two People are Better than One.||2009-07-16||Crunchyroll|
|171||You’ll Get Sued If All You Do Is Copy Others You Don’t Know What You’ve Got till It’s Gone||2009-08-20||Crunchyroll|
|173||It’s What’s on The Inside That Counts, But Only to A Certain Extent||2009-09-03||Crunchyroll|
|174||Are There Still People Who Go to The Ocean and Yell Out ‘Bakayaro’? When A Person Is Trapped, Their Inner Door Opens||2009-09-10||Crunchyroll|
|185||Hometowns and Boobs Are Best Thought from Afar the Whole Peeing on A Bee Sting Is A Myth. You’ll Get Germs, So Don’t Do It!!||2009-11-28||Crunchyroll|
|209||Nothing Lasts Forever, including Parents, Money, Youth, Your Room, Dress Shirts, Me, You, and the Gintama Anime.||2011-05-23||Crunchyroll|
2. Which Fillers Can You Skip Altogether?
The Gintama fillers gradually meld in with the show’s humor and bizarre world.
Even so, there tend to be episodes that are mere recaps of the previous episodes and are plain boring to watch.
The following fillers are recommended to skip without missing out on the action:
- You Guys! Do You Even Have a Gintama? (1-2)
- Pending means Pending, It’s Not Final (50)
- Don’t Complain About Your Job at Home, Do It Somewhere Else (75)
- They Say Soy Sauce on Pudding Tastes Like Sea Urchin, But Soy Sauce on Pudding Only Tastes Like Pudding and Soy Sauce (114)
- When Nagging Goes Too Far It Becomes Intimidating (124)
- Before Worrying About the Earth, Think About the Even More Endangered Future Of ‘Gintaman’ (135)
- If You Can’t Beat Them, Join Them (150)
- That Matsutake Soup Stuff Tastes Better Than the Real Deal People Who Die Stay Dead (164)
- It’s What’s on The Inside That Counts, But Only to A Certain Extent (173)
- Are There Still People Who Go to The Ocean and Yell Out ‘Bakayaro’? When A Person Is Trapped, Their Inner Door Opens (174)
- Countdown Begins (176)
- Nothing Lasts Forever, including Parents, Money, Youth, Your Room, Dress Shirts, Me, You, and the Gintama Anime (209)
- We’re Sorry (252)
3. About Gintama
Gintama is based on the manga with the same name written by Hideaki Sorachi.
It is a comedy with period drama and sci-fi missed in. Its all a bundle of laughs with ninja, aliens, and samurai meshed up.
It is about a retired samurai who started working as a freelancer. He later partnered up with Shinpachi and Kagura. Together they work as Yorozuya, which literally translates to ‘To Do Anything.’