American Idol is coming back for its 19th edition and soon! Auditions for season 19 will start next month, and of course, it will be a virtual affair.
The singing competition series was the first to find a way to continue production during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the series is doing that again.
The electronic medium will finally see American Idol “visiting” all 50 states for auditions.
Dates have already been announced and the broadcast network ABC has revealed the audition phase details in a press release.
We have the list here for you if you want to finally give your musical talents a chance!
American Idol goes Hi-Tech
While it may be the 19th American Idol season, it is the fourth one on ABC. In its historic third season, the ABC show became the first reality competition series to air remotely.
The season ended up dominating Sunday nights, claiming the No. 1 position for broadcast series among Adults 18-49.
It was also the night’s No. 1 most social show.
During this season, American Idol will get right back onto the path of innovation with custom-built Zoom technology to host “Idol Across America.”
The auditions will be its first-ever live virtual nationwide search for the next superstar. The star-maker series will return with an all-new season premiering spring 2021.
First time covering all 50 states
Starting August 10, “Idol Across America” remote auditions will be held across all 50 states plus Washington, D.C.
The brand new season of American Idol will give people from all over America, a chance to showcase their talents on any official audition date.
Each one will also get a face-to-face with an American Idol producer, thus ensuring the show will stay true to its roots by providing aspiring Idols real-time feedback.
Audition location list
“Idol Across America” auditions will be held as follows and are subject to change:
- Delaware, Florida and Ohio (Aug 10)
- Louisiana, Missouri and Wisconsin (Aug 12)
- Arizona, Oregon and Washington (Aug. 14)
- Georgia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Rhode Island (Aug 16)
- Open Call Auditions (Aug 17)
- Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas (Aug 18)
- Idaho, New Mexico and Utah (Aug. 20)
- Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas (Aug 22)
- Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia (Aug 24)
- Open Call Auditions (Aug 25)
- Iowa, Mississippi and Oklahoma (Aug 26)
- Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota (Aug 28)
- Connecticut, New Jersey and New York (Aug 30)
- Colorado, Montana, Nevada and Wyoming (Sep 1)
- Maine, South Carolina and West Virginia (Sep 3)
- Alaska, California and Hawaii (Sep 5)
- Kentucky, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania (Sep 7)
- Massachusetts, North Carolina and Vermont (Sep 9)
For more info on the auditions, visit the auditions site of American Idol.
There’s been no word on when season 19 will begin airing, but the previous three seasons on ABC have all launched mid-season, in late February or early March.Originally Written By Epic Dope