After Sung Jin-Woo became the Shadow Monarch, the system vanished and no longer held back any power from him.
With an army of 130,000 plus Shadows, Jin-Woo’s solo army can straight up wreck anyone who dares cross his path.
Our man went from being ranked as the World’s Weakest Hunter to a badass Shadow Monarch. Now that’s what I call a glow-up!
Bellion is Sung Jin Woo’s strongest shadow in Solo Leveling. He’s like the OG of all shadows who used to command the army of former Shadow Monarch, Ashborn. He now serves Hunter Sung Jin-Woo.
Note: There will be spoilers from the novel.
1. Who is Bellion in Solo Leveling?
When the enormous gate swung open in Seoul, South Korea, an army of shadow soldiers ready to serve Sung Jin-Woo emerged instead of an army of monsters.
This was thought of as a Gate that was extremely dangerous, one that would need the entirety of the world’s Hunters to be stopped. However, what came out was reinforcements. Crazy, right?
The original Shadow army emerged, which belonged to Ashborn before he passed the power and title of Shadow Monarch to Jin-Woo and died peacefully.
With this addition of new Shadows, Jin-Woo gained an especially strong Shadow, Bellion. He was one of the original servants of the former Shadow Monarch, Ashborn, and has the highest rank of all the Shadows, Grand-Marshal.
Bellion brought hundreds of thousands of Shadows that once belonged to Ashborn, and they all dropped to their knees in front of Jin-Woo.
2. How strong is Bellion?
Bellion wields a full set of armor as well as a unique sword that is said to look like a centipede. Its purpose was shown in Bellion’s duel with Beru, where he wielded it both like a whip and a sword.
This, alongside Bellion’s enormous speed and strength, proved difficult for enemies to counter-attack when caught in a barrage.
His duel with Beru proved that he really was deserving of his title, Grand-Marshal.
Bellion easily swatted Beru like a fly and dodged his attacks, which were capable of instantly killing or seriously wounding even the strongest Hunters.
Bellion also withstood Beru’s direct attack to the head and continued fighting as if it were nothing.
He possesses supernatural strength, he was even able to smash Beru with an impact that it made Beru cough up blood. let that sink in.
Truly, even among Jin-Woo’s powerful Shadows, Bellion is the most powerful.
3. Other Strong Shadows Under Jin-Woo
Jin-Woo does not lack strong Shadows who are more than willing to serve and fight alongside him.
Out of the many, however, the title of the top five strongest goes to
- Igris — the first high-grade Shadow that followed him
- Tusk — the high orc to whom he gave the orb
- Beru — the king of chimera ants
- Greed — the shadow extracted from hunter Hwang Dong-Su
4. What is a Shadow Lord?
When Sung Jin-Woo attempted the Job Change quest, he was transported to a dungeon-like place and had to fight enemies such as knights and mages.
He was not allowed to access the store of the system and could not rejuvenate himself.
However, using the penalty game loophole, Jin-Woo gained an extra four hours and restored himself to health.
This bonus helped him defeat all the monsters and survive much longer than the original time limit.
Thanks to factors like him not using the hearthstone, exceeding the time, and having more than enough health, points were added, and his original job — a necromancer, was changed to Shadow Lord, which was an exclusive job skill.
He thus came one step closer to becoming the Shadow Monarch.
5. How many shadows does Sung Jin-woo have?
After becoming the Shadow Monarch and completely assimilating with him, the system vanished, and no power was held back from him.
As long as the conditions, such as the period of time passed before death, were met, Jin-Woo could summon and create an unlimited number of shadows.
The number of shadows he had after becoming a monarch numbered 130,000+, almost like filling up the largest stadiums man. Impressive would definitely be an understatement.
I. Grades of Shadows
Shadows have varying amounts of personality and emotion, depending on their grade. They are divided into:-
- Normal Grade: The most basic soldiers. Typically consists of newly summoned Shadows that Sung Jin-Woo has captured.
- Elite Grade: Shadow Soldiers that are stronger than Soldier Grades but still pale in comparison to the upper grades. They are roughly about as strong as a B-ranked monster or hunter.
- Knight Grade: These soldiers have the strength that appears to be around a mid-A-rank Hunter to nearly S-Rank. When Igris was first extracted, he started at this rank.
- Elite Knight Grade: Elite Knight Shadows are comparable to mid-S rank hunters. Tusk was the first extracted Elite Knight Grade as the boss of a high A-Rank dungeon. Igris was also promoted to this rank after climbing the demon tower for a bit with Jin-Woo.
- Commander Grade: Commander Grade appears to be much stronger than any S-Rank Hunter and can easily fight multiple S-Rank Hunters.
Before Beru was a Shadow Soldier, he was able to easily manhandle over 10 S-Rank hunters, instantly killing Japan’s strongest hunter Goto Ryuji.
All Shadows of this level are able to talk before and after being extracted.
- Marshal Grade: Marshal Grade is the second highest and serves as the final evolution to a Shadow’s strength as well as it being their level cap.
The second Shadow Soldier to ever reach this Grade was Beru (the first being Bellion) after Jin-Woo and Beru cleared Gate after Gate in Japan as well as Beru’s previous battles.
Jin-Woo stated that Marshal Grade was the sole head of an army, and there could not be two that led an army.
- Grand-Marshal Grade: This was the Grade of Bellion when he appeared from the super-massive Gate that opened in Seoul and was the Leader of the Shadow Army, excluding Jin-Woo.
This Grade is capable of leading the entire army of the Shadow Monarch, which numbers up to 130,000+ Shadows, as well as 3 Shadow Dragons.
This was a clear indication of a Grand-Marshal’s power.
6. About Solo Leveling
Solo Leveling is an upcoming anime based on a Korean Webtoon written by Chu Gong and illustrated by Jang Sung Rak (Dubu). It is adapted from the web novel; I Alone Level Up.
Portals connecting the Earth to realms of monsters have opened up, and hunters defeat those monsters. Sung Jin Woo belongs to the lowest level of hunters, but after getting involved in a Dungeon quest, he alone can see quests like that of a game.
The series will premiere on Crunchyroll in Winter 2023.