Smile Down the Runway (Runway de Waratte) is a Japanese shonen manga series of the Slice of Life genre written by Kotoba Inoya. It initially began serialization in May 2017 and was recently picked up by Ezo’la for an animated adaptation.
1. Quick Updates:
- Release Date is 10th Jan 2020
- Cast Members have been announced
- The staff has been announced
- An advance screening is scheduled for December 14 in Japan
- Opening theme – Lion by Ami Sakaguchi
- Ending theme – Ray of Light by J-JUN
2. Release Date
The anime’s official twitter account, announced 10th January 2020 to be the release date of the first season.
The anime will run from MBS 1/10, every Friday from 26:25; TBS 1/10, every Friday from 26:25; BS-TBS 1/11, every Saturday from 25:30; AT-X 1/13, every Monday at 22:30. The anime will get an advance screening at United Cinemas Toyosu in Japan on 14th December 2019.
3. Promotional Videos:
4. Key Visual:
5. Cast & Staff:
- Yumiri Hanamori as Chiyuki Fujito
- Natsuki Hanae as Ikuto Tsumura
- Ai Kayano as Kokoro Hasegawa
- Yui Ishikawa as Honoka Tsumura
- Hibiku Yamamura as Aoi Tsumura
- Hikaru Akao as Ichika Tsumura
- Ryohei Kimura as Toh Ayano
- Junichi Suwabe as Hazime Yanagida
- Ayaka Fukuhara as Kaoru Kizaki
- Kōhei Amasaki as Ryūnosuke Eda
- Keiko Han as Yōko Takaoka
- Yui Makino as Seira
- Mayumi Asano as Mai Ayano
- Nobuyoshi Nagayama – Director (Ezo’la)
- Touko Machida – Series Composition
- Misaki Kaneko – Character design
6. About Smile Down the Runway
The story revolves around Chiyuki Fujito and Ikuto Tsumura’s relentless pursuit of their dreams despite the constant negativity around them. Chiyuki Fujito aspires to be a Paris Collection Model, however, she is too short and that causes a lot of people to be pessimistic about her goals. Ikuto Tsumura, originating from a poor family, is her classmate who wants to be a fashion designer. The duo faces a lot of challenges down the runway to the flight of their goals, however, they choose to believe in themselves and keep a positive outlook towards it.