Season 3 of Mob Psycho 100 anime has been an emotional rollercoaster for Mob and his friends, as well as us fans alike, as Mob tries to navigate through the choppy waters of adolescence.
Mob has obviously grown emotionally since we last saw him in Season 2. He has better control over his powers, and he even befriends other psychics, such as Serizawa and Takenaka. Slowly but steadily, he seems to be working up the courage to confess to Tsubomi as well.
As Mob’s middle school life reaches its climax, will this beloved series finally reach its end?
Unfortunately, Season 3 will mark the end of the Mob Psycho 100 series. The earlier seasons of the series already covered 91 chapters of the manga and Season 3 will cover the last 10 chapters, so the chances of fans getting an anime original Season 4 are quite slim.
What arcs will Mob Psycho Season 3 cover?
The last episode of Season 2 wrapped up the World Domination arc of the manga, so Season 3 will cover all the arcs after this arc, to the very end of the manga.
Season 3 will cover all arcs included in chapters 91 to chapter 101. This season will include the Divine Tree arc, Telepathy mini-arc, ???% arc, and the Epilogue. Most of the arcs of Season 3 lasted for 1-2 chapters in the manga.
As expected, this season will run for one cour as well and includes around 12 episodes.
What happened in Mob Psycho Season 2?
Mob Psycho Season 2 adapted all the arcs from Mob’s Girlfriend mini-arc to the World Domination arc where Mob defeats Sho’s dad, Toichiro. Before you catch up with Season 3, here’s a rundown of all the events that happened in Season 2.
1. Mob tries to impress Tsubomi by running for the position of student council president, but fails. He dates Emi after she confesses to him, but it turns out she only dated him since she lost a bet.
2. Reigen and Mob exorcise some spirits here and there, and Mob starts to sympathize with harmless spirits. He receives broccoli seeds after exorcising a plant spirit.
3. Mob battles Mogami, a former powerful psychic who possesses the body of a rich girl called Minori. Mogami makes Mob witness the horror of everyone abandoning him and tries to take over his body, but Dimple jumps in to help, and they defeat Mogami.
4. Mob leaves Reigen after he comes to know he used him for his psychic powers. Reigen gets exposed as a fraud and is questioned by the media at a conference, but Mob helps him out at the last minute.
5. Claw burns down Mob’s house to threaten him. He goes against Claw with his allies and beats Serizawa and Toichiro, Claw’s president.
6. The broccoli seed Mob had received earlier in the season act as a Chekhov’s gun and sprouts into a huge broccoli tree in the middle of Seasoning City. Serizawa joins Spirits and Such Consultation Office.
Will Mob Psycho 100 anime have a spin-off?
The news of Mob Psycho 100 finally ending with Season 3 is truly saddening, but all hope is not lost yet. Mob Psycho’s main story does end in Season 3, but there’s always a chance for spin-off episodes.
After Season 3, we might get a few spin-off episodes or OVA of Mob Psycho 100’s spin-off manga, ‘Reigen: The Man with a MAX Spirituality Level of 131’ and other similar omakes. However, no official news regarding the spin-off episodes has been released yet.
About Mob Psycho 100
Mob Psycho 100 is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by ONE. It was serialized on Shogakukan’s Ura Sunday website from April 2012 to December 2017.
Mob Psycho 100 is a story about a young middle-school boy, Shigeo Kageyama, a.k.a Mob, a powerful esper. Mob is determined to live a normal life and keeps his ESP suppressed.
But when his emotions surge to a level of 100%, all his powers are let loose. As he is surrounded by false espers, evil spirits, and mysterious organizations, what will Mob think? What choices will he make?