I’m sure you’ve dreamt of putting the Sorting Hat on your head, getting one of the four Hogwarts Houses, and beginning your wizarding school life. I have too! The Wizarding World Quiz offers you a chance to find your destined house, but Hogwarts Legacy will hand over the choice to you.
But say you want the best of both worlds – you want a path to lead to your desired house both on the new RPG and the Wizarding World quiz. The Sorting Hat will never confess its ways, but I know its secret behind choosing the Hogwarts Houses, and I’m willing to share.
Let’s go through the answers that will get you into the Hogwarts House you desire – Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin. So, let me get to the exciting part of the question: What answers should you choose to get your favored Hogwarts House in the Wizarding World Quiz?
1. Answers to the Wizarding World Quiz
You can find the Pottermore House Quiz on Wizarding World or just tap on the link below, which will lead you straight to the quiz if you already have an account:
Now let’s get on with the questions! The quiz will consist of 8 questions, out of a mix of 28 possible questions, out of which the first and last will be short answers and the remaining six long. So far, so clear?
Great! I will list down all the 28 possible questions and the choices you’ll be presented with, and I’ll include which one you need to choose to get the Hogwarts House you desire.
- Left or Right?
- Left – Ravenclaw & Slytherin
- Right – Gryffindor & Hufflepuff
- Black or White?
- Black – Gryffindor & Slytherin
- White – Ravenclaw & Hufflepuff
- Moon or Stars?
- Moon – Ravenclaw & Slytherin
- Stars – Gryffindor & Hufflepuff
- Heads or Tails?
- Heads – Ravenclaw & Hufflepuff
- Tails – Gryffindor & Slytherin
- Forest or River?
- Forest – Gryffindor & Ravenclaw
- River – Slytherin & Hufflepuff
- Dawn or Dusk?
- Dawn – Gryffindor & Ravenclaw
- Dusk – Slytherin & Hufflepuff
- You and two friends need to cross a bridge guarded by a river troll who insists on fighting one of you before he will let all of you pass. Do you:
- Volunteer to fight? – Gryffindor
- Attempt to confuse the troll into letting all three of you pass without fighting? – Ravenclaw
- Suggest that all three of you should fight (without telling the troll)? – Slytherin
- Suggest drawing lots to decide which of you will fight? – Hufflepuff
- Four boxes are placed before you. Which would you try and open?
- The small pewter box, unassuming and plain, with a scratched message upon it that reads, “I open only for the worthy.” – Gryffindor
- The ornate golden casket, standing on clawed feet, whose inscription warns that both secret knowledge and unbearable temptation lie within. – Ravenclaw
- The gleaming jet-black box with a silver lock and key, marked with a mysterious rune that you know to be the mark of Merlin. – Slytherin
- The small tortoiseshell box, embellished with gold, inside which some small creature seems to be squawking. – Hufflepuff
- One of your housemates cheated in a Hogwarts exam using a Self-Spelling Quill. He has come top of the class in Charms, beating you into second place. Professor Flitwick is suspicious of what happened. After his lesson, he draws you to one side and asks whether your classmate used a forbidden quill. What do you do?
- Tell Professor Flitwick that he ought to ask your classmate (and resolve to tell your classmate that if he doesn’t tell the truth, you will). – Gryffindor
- Tell Professor Flitwick the truth. If your classmate is prepared to win by cheating, he deserves to be found out. Also, as you are both in the same house, any points he loses will be regained by you, for coming first in his place. – Ravenclaw
- You would not wait to be asked to tell Professor Flitwick the truth. If you knew somebody was using a forbidden quill, you would tell the teacher before the exam started. – Slytherin
- Lie and say you don’t know (but hope somebody else tells Professor Flitwick the truth). – Hufflepuff
- Once every century, the Flutterby bush produces flowers that adapt their scent to attract the unwary. If it lured you, it would smell of:
- A crackling log fire – Gryffindor
- Fresh parchment – Ravenclaw
- The sea – Slytherin
- Home – Hufflepuff
- You enter an enchanted garden. What would you be most curious to examine first?
- The statue of an old wizard with a strangely twinkling eye – Gryffindor
- The silver-leafed tree bearing golden apples – Ravenclaw
- The bubbling pool, in the depths of which something luminous is swirling – Slytherin
- The fat red toadstools that appear to be talking to each other – Hufflepuff
- Which of the following do you find most difficult to deal with?
- Hunger – Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff equally
- Cold – Hufflepuff and Slytherin equally
- Loneliness – Gryffindor primary and Hufflepuff secondary
- Boredom – Gryffindor primary and Slytherin secondary
- Being ignored – Ravenclaw primary and Slytherin secondary
- What kind of instrument most pleases your ear?
- The drum – Gryffindor
- The piano – Ravenclaw
- The violin – Slytherin
- The trumpet – Hufflepuff
- Four goblets are placed before you. Which would you choose to drink?
- The golden liquid so bright that it hurts the eye, and which makes sunspots dance all around the room. – Gryffindor
- The foaming, frothing, silvery liquid that sparkles as though containing ground diamonds. – Ravenclaw
- The mysterious black liquid that gleams like ink, and gives off fumes that make you see strange visions. – Slytherin
- The smooth, thick, richly purple drink that gives off a delicious smell of chocolate and plums. – Hufflepuff
- After you have died, what would you most like people to do when they hear your name?
- Ask for more stories about your adventures – Gryffindor
- Think with admiration of your achievements – Ravenclaw
- I don’t care what people think of me after I’m dead; it’s what they think of me while I’m alive that counts – Slytherin
- Miss you, but smile – Hufflepuff
- Which of the following would you most hate people to call you?
- Cowardly – Gryffindor
- Ignorant – Ravenclaw
- Ordinary – Slytherin
- Selfish –Hufflepuff
- A Muggle confronts you and says that they are sure you are a witch or wizard. Do you:
- Agree, and walk away, leaving them to wonder whether you are bluffing? – Gryffindor
- Ask what makes them think so? – Ravenclaw
- Agree, and ask whether they’d like a free sample of a jinx? – Slytherin
- Tell them that you are worried about their mental health, and offer to call a doctor? – Hufflepuff
- How would you like to be known to history?
- The Bold – Gryffindor
- The Wise – Ravenclaw
- The Great – Slytherin
- The Good – Hufflepuff
- If you were attending Hogwarts, which pet would you take with you?
- Dragon Toad and Tabby Cat. – Gryffindor
- A Tawny owl, a Brown owl, and a Barn owl. Followed by a Screech owl, a Snowy owl, and a three-toed tree toad. – Ravenclaw
- Siamese cat, Ginger cat, Black cat, and White cat. Followed closely by Tabby cat – Slytherin
- A Common toad, a Natterjack, and a Harlequin toad. Followed by a three-toed tree toad, a Dragon toad, and a Snowy owl. – Hufflepuff
- Which nightmare would frighten you most?
- An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room in which you are locked. – Gryffindor
- Standing on top of something very high and suddenly realizing that there are no hand or footholds, nor any barrier to stop you from falling. – Ravenclaw
- Being forced to speak in such a silly voice that hardly anyone can understand you, and everyone laughs at you. – Slytherin
- Waking up to find that neither your friends nor your family have any idea who you are – Hufflepuff
- If you could have any power, which would you choose?
- Power of invisibility (primary), power to change the past (secondary) – Gryffindor
- Power to change appearance (primary), power to read minds (secondary) – Ravenclaw
- The power to change the past (primary), superhuman strength, and power to read minds (secondary) –Slytherin
- Superhuman strength and power to speak to animals – Hufflepuff
- Given the choice, would you rather invent a potion that would guarantee you:
- Glory – Gryffindor
- Wisdom – Ravenclaw
- Power – Slytherin
- Love – Hufflepuff
- Late at night, walking alone down the street, you hear a peculiar cry that you believe to have a magical source. Do you:
- Draw your wand and try to discover the source of the noise? – Gryffindor
- Withdraw into the shadows to await developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate defensive and offensive spells, should trouble occur? – Ravenclaw
- Draw your wand and stand your ground? – Slytherin
- Proceed with caution, keeping one hand on your concealed wand and an eye out for any disturbance? – Hufflepuff
- Which road tempts you most?
- The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods. – Gryffindor
- The cobbled street, lined with ancient buildings. – Ravenclaw
- The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley. – Slytherin
- The wide, sunny, and grassy lane. – Hufflepuff
- Which of the following would you most like to study?
- Werewolves, centaurs, and ghosts (primary options) – Gryffindor
- Goblins (primary), centaurs, and ghosts (secondary options) – Ravenclaw
- Vampires (primary), trolls, and merpeople (secondary options) – Slytherin
- Trolls (primary), merpeople, and werewolves (secondary options) – Hufflepuff
- What are you most looking forward to learning at Hogwarts?
- Secrets about the castle (primary), flying on a broomstick, and apparition and disapparition (secondary) – Gryffindor
- Transfiguration and every area of magic (Primary options) – Ravenclaw
- Hexes and jinxes and Apparition and Disapparition (Primary options) – Slytherin
- Magical creatures (primary), flying on a broomstick (secondary) – Hufflepuff
- Which would you rather be?
- Praised (primary), trusted (secondary) – Gryffindor
- Imitated (primary), envied (secondary) – Ravenclaw
- Feared (primary), envied (secondary) – Slytherin
- Liked (primary), trusted (secondary) – Hufflepuff
- A troll has gone berserk in the headmaster’s study at Hogwarts. It is about to smash, crush, and tear several irreplaceable items and treasures. In which order would you rescue these objects from the troll’s club if you could?
(This is one of the more complicated questions in the quiz, so I’m going to emphasize which object your preferred house would prioritize most.)
- Gryffindor cares most about a nearly perfected cure for dragon pox.
- Ravenclaw cares most about the mysterious handbook full of strange runes.
- Slytherin cares least about the nearly perfected cure for dragon pox.
- Hufflepuff cares least about the mysterious handbook full of strange runes.
That wraps up the Pottermore House Quiz. If you’ve successfully got your preferred Hogwarts House, you’re welcome! Now all you have to do is link your Wizarding World account to Hogwarts Legacy, which will choose your default house and wand from the WW account.
But for those who would like a gaming experience under a different colored banner, we have another way for you to choose your house in Hogwarts Legacy.
2. How To Choose Hogwarts House in Hogwarts Legacy
You, the MC, are entering Hogwarts in 1890 as a late fifth-year student in Hogwarts Legacy, giving you a chance to participate in the Sorting Ceremony reserved for first years. As your game progresses after the tutorial, Headmaster Black will lead you into the Great Hall, and Professor Weasley will place the Sorting Hat on your head.
The Sorting Hat will first say, “you come here with preferences and preconceptions — certain expectations.” It presents you with two choices – one, “I can’t wait to start my classes,” and two, “I can’t wait to explore.” Now, worry not! Your answer here will not affect your house, so go ahead and choose whichever emotion you truly feel upon entering Hogwarts.
After you’ve picked your answer, the Sorting Hat will say, “Hmm. I wonder. Hmm. I detect something in you. A certain sense of — hmm — what is it?” Here comes the part where you should answer while knowing it will decide which house you belong to during your life at Hogwarts.
The following options are given to you, and I’ve marked out which option will end with the Sorting Hat putting you in the following house:
- Daring – Gryffindor
- Curiosity – Ravenclaw
- Loyalty – Hufflepuff
- Ambition – Slytherin
The choices might be obvious for those who have read the books and seen the movies. But I just wanted to ensure you’ve got it right before facing the ancient hat. Even after its decree, the Sorting Hat considers your answer, as it did for Harry Potter when the first year asked for Gryffindor and not Slytherin.
So, in reality, the Hogwarts Legacy House is entirely in your hands, and you can choose freely. But beware! Once you confirm your house here, you will not be able to change it further in the same game.
3. Will a Different House Affect Your Hogwarts Legacy Experience?
If you think choosing Gryffindor or Slytherin will mean you’ll be centric to the story and choosing Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff will not, you’re sorely mistaken. Remember Cedric Diggory, Luna Lovegood, Nymphadora Tonks, or Mad-Eye Moody?
The only differences that your gaming experience will vary upon based on your Hogwarts House choice are listed below:
- Common Room
- House Colors and Clothing Options
- Quest Line
You can visit Hogwarts Legacy’s YouTube account to tour the common rooms, and there are plenty of clothing and accessory options that are separate from your school robes that won’t be affected by the house. As for the quest line, let me give you the low down there too!
After the Trials of Merlin, your quest will differ according to the house color you wear, after which Jackdaw’s Rest will follow for all houses. Here’s a list of which house will receive which quest to give you an idea of what you’re missing out on after choosing a specific house:
- Slytherin – Scorpe’s Last Hope, where MC will help an elf recover some missing book pages.
- Hufflepuff – Prisoner of Love, where the player will head to Azkaban and meet a certain character’s ancestors.
- Gryffindor – The Hunt for the Missing Pages, where the MC will meet Nearly Headless Nick.
- Ravenclaw – Ollivander’s Heirloom, where the player helps wandmaker Ollivander find a lost wand.
Players will also find the map leading to the start of the Ghost of Our Love quest in a different location based on their house. The other only evident difference would be the inter-house relationships, but the overall main story will be unaffected based on your choice of house.
While there is no clear answer on which house is the best choice for the game’s players, I’d advise you to refer to the books to find which house you feel the most connected to for a better experience.
Drop down which house is your first choice in the comments and if your experience varied with each play in a different Hogwarts House!
4. About Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world RPG from Avalanche Studio. The game places the player in the wizarding school of Hogwarts, allowing them to witness the iconic locations as a character other than Harry Potter.
The game has an expansive map that makes the game very immersive, even for people who are yet to read the books or watched the movie.
The mysterious, gripping storyline, with the vast areas to explored, either on foot or broomstick, makes it even more real life.