With the recent movie, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the original story came to an end. A new Digimon called Morphomon was also added to the roster.
A new reboot for the original season, Digimon Adventure, is also set to premiere on April 5th, 2020. Yesterday, the official website for the Digimon Adventure: reboot anime released a new trailer along with the cast for the anime.
Backgrounds shown in the new trailer must look familiar to players of Digimon: Cyber Sleuth game as they give an identical virtual feel.
From the trailer, it seems while the environments are different, the designs of the characters stay close to their original looks.
The cast includes:
- Yuko Sanpei as Taichi Yagami
- Chika Sakamoto (returning from the original anime) as Agumon
- Daisuke Namikawa as Yamato Ishida
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Sora Takenouchi
- Yumiko Kobayashi as Kōshirō Izumi
- Marika Kōno as Mimi Tachikawa
- Takeshi Kusao as Joe Kido
- Megumi Han as Takeru Takaishi
- Misaki Watada as Hikari Yagami
The other cast members include:
- Mayumi Yamaguchi as Gabumon
- Atori Shigematsu as Piyomon
- Takahiro Sakurai as Tentomon
- Kinoko Yamada as Palmon
- Junko Takeuchi as Gomamon
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- Mie Sonozaki as Gatomon
- Masako Nozawa as Narrator
It is worth noting that except for Mie Sonozaki (Voice behind Tailmon), the whole cast is the same as before. Digimon has decided to stick to originals this time as just like the original 1999 TV anime, Toei Animation will again be animating the project.
Along with that, Masato Mitsuka, the original director, is serving as a series director again, with original Digimon Adventure character designer Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru also returning.
It’s safe to say that the new series will derive from previous seasons and movies. It will be interesting to see how it takes forward the legacy of the original Digimon series.
Digimon, short for “Digital Monsters,” is a Japanese media franchise encompassing virtual pet toys, anime, manga, video games, films, and a trading card game.
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna takes place five years after the events of Digimon Adventure tri, the six-part film series released in 2015.
Now on the cusp of adulthood, Tai and his DigiDestined friends discover that with age, their bonds with each of their Digimon will ultimately break. How does it end for Tai, Agumon, and the others?