Baldur’s Gate 3 was launched back in August and since then, the game has seen a number of updates, both major and minor. Just three days after Larian Studios released Hotfix #8 for Baldur’s Gate 3, the studio is back again with yet another update. Luckily, this one comes packed with multiple interesting fixes.
Hotfix #9 for Baldur’s Gate 3 recently went live. The update will take care of several bugs, issues, and crashes. It has been developed using helpful feedback from the community.
With the latest hotfix, players can now change their names using the Magic Mirror in the party campsite. Moreover, even your hirelings can switch up their appearances using the handy Magic Mirror. Earlier this feature was only limited to the player’s character.
Hotfix #9 also takes care of several bugs which could have led to crashes. Players reported a black screen during multiplayer split-screen in PS5. This problem has also been eliminated.
As expected, every update will be included in the Xbox Series X/S port of Baldur’s Gate 3. However, Larian Studios has yet to announce a release date for it.
Here are the complete patch notes for Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #9:
- You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.
- You can now change your name through the Magic Mirror.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when unloading or quick loading a game.
- Fixed an issue causing GPU crashes on PS5 Vulkan.
- Fixed the Guardian Statue repeatedly falling into a chasm, causing the server to stall.
- Fixed a split screen issue on PS5 that could cause a black screen when listening in on a dialogue.
- Fixed unpreparing spells not removing their buffs if the spell was upcasted.
- Fixed buffs being removed by unpreparing spells if the buff came from a different source (e.g. a scroll).
- Fixed some character positions and animations breaking if you skip lines in certain dialogues.
- Fixed the previews not working correctly in the Accessibility options.
- Fixed an issue causing Minthara’s romance to unreliably trigger.
- Fixed Minthara’s dialogue after you kill Orin not triggering properly when you talk to her.
- Fixed the Adamantine Splint Armour sometimes making your legs transparent.
- Fixed a geometry stretching bug introduced in Hotfix 8 on Vulkan.
- Fixed characters showing up in their underwear in some intimate scenes even if you have nudity enabled.
- Fixed Feign Death causing an infinite leave–join combat loop in certain circumstances.
- Fixed prices in dialogues not displaying correctly in save games that were made while the price was on screen.
- Optimised the line-of-sight system for entities with no sight range, like items.
The latest hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3 just makes the game much better with a few tweaks here and there. It’s these tiny details which make the overall gameplay experience enjoyable. Thankfully, it is a relief to know that the team at Larian Studios makes it a priority to improve the game any way they can.
2. About Baldur’s Gate III
Baldur’s Gate III is a role-playing game, developed and published by Larian Studios. It features both single and multiplayer gameplay.
Based on Dungeons & Dragons’ tabletop role-playing system, the game is chock full of twists and turns, friendship, betrayals, a never-ending quest for attaining absolute power, along with freedom of choice, letting you be whatever you wish to be!
Fighting against every odd, you will be required to shape the fate of the Forgotten Realms.