Black Clover manga is currently following the events of Spade Kingdom arc. All three members of the Dark Triad have headed out to secure their targets for their grand plan of reviving the tree of Qlipoth and bring devils to this world.
While Zenon and Vanica secured William Vangeance and Queen Lolopechka quite easily, their leader, Dante, seems to have trouble capturing the Bull captain – Yami Sukehiro.
A fun fact about Yami is that in the Black Clover community, Yami Sukehiro is known as the shonen protagonist who completed his story, defeated the villain, and is just hanging around the Black Clover universe for fun. It is a fun fact indeed, but it also shows the strength and aura Yami possesses.
In the last chapter, Yami decided to surpass his limits against Dante. He managed to condense his mana zone even further and launched it using one attack – Dark Magic: Death Thrust. After launching an attack of such a big magnitude, Yami had this to say,
“I was going for a thrust, but it ended up as a canon…”
Now you know how cool the Bull captain is, let’s dig into his battle with Dante to see who his stronger.
1. The Battle Begins
The battle started back in Black Clover chapter 245, titled “Dante vs. the Captain of the Black Bulls.” Dante invaded the Clover Kingdom and attacked Asta and the other Black Bull members a couple of chapters back.
After Dante defeated an enraged Asta, the entirety of Black Bulls, and managed to impale Gauche to a near-death state, Yami Sukehiro appears to save his squad. With no surprise whatsoever, the favorite captain turned the tide of the battle into his favor.
2. Yami vs. Dante
The Yami v Dante showed us not only the power of Spade Kingdom king but also the true strength of Yami Sukehiro. Yami learned the ability Mana Zone and attained a few new spells – Dark Hole & Black Moon.
If you do not remember what Mana Zone is, it’s the advanced version of Mana Skin.
In Mana Zone, you don’t create a layer of mana on your skin, but you merge with the mana of your surroundings.
Remember the beast-like attacks of Mereoleona against Raia? That was the Mana Zone.
Back to the fight, it’s nothing new for us to see Yami come up with a new power altogether when the time comes.
During the final moments of battle with Zagred (devil of World Soul magic), Yami used his mana zone and combined it with his attack to make ‘Mana Zone Dimension Slash Equinox’ to literally cut through dimensions and defeat the devil.
Let’s look at some of the feats shown by Yami and Dante thus far.
I. Yami’s Feats
- Mana Zone Dimension Slash Equinox could cut through dimensions and even cut a devil, Zagred.
- Yami’s magic is one of the few magic types that are effective against a devil.
- Black Hole & Black Moon not only makes Yami’s moves razor-sharp but erases every enemy magic in the surrounding area.
- Yami’s last attack combined with Mana Zone & Black Hole is even stronger than Dimension Slash, Dark Cloaked Iai Slash. Yami has immense mastery over mana, which is shown by his Black Moon and the attacks he does by condensing mana itself.
- In the latest chapter, Yami condensed his mana even further for a new spell, Dark Magic: Death Thrust, which annihilated Dante’s torso.
II. Dante’s Feats
- Dante possesses enormous amounts of mana, hosts a high-ranking devil, and rules over the current strongest Kingdom in Black Clover.
- He was able to defeat the entirety of the Black Bulls squad, including Gauche, equipped with his magic crystal, with relative ease.
- Dante defeated Vanica and Rouge just by the presence of his mana.
- He defeated an enraged-demon Asta and wounded Yami Sukehiro.
- In addition to his Gravity Magic, Lucifero’s magic allows Dante to recover from any wound whatsoever, no matter how fatal, in mere seconds.
3. Who is stronger, Yami or Dante?
Yami Sukehiro is stronger than Dante of the Spade Kingdom when it comes to raw strength and attack power. Dante, however, has not gone to 100% of the devil’s power yet due to the limit between the underworld and the real world.
Once Dante breaks that barrier by using the tree of Qlipoth, Dante will become far stronger than what Yami currently is.
At the same time, who knows how strong Yami will be and how many limits Yami might have surpassed by the time Dante reaches his goal. 😉
4. Chapter 247 Predictions
There is no way the primary antagonist of one of the most significant arcs will be defeated so soon. At the end of chapter 246, after Yami finishes his attack, we see a smile on Dante’s face. We all know what that means, right?
Even after getting his entire torso to vanish, Dante is alive and well, and he will recover from this using Lucifero’s magic. Thus, all hell will begin pouring down on the Clover Kingdom.
On the contrary, Yami is the final key to Dante’s evil plan since William has already been captured. If Yami gets captured, the tree of Qlipoth will come to existence, and there will be no going back.
This will happen eventually, for sure, but the chances of this happening so soon in the arc are relatively low.
5. About Black Clover
Black Clover is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yūki Tabata. It has been serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine since February 16, 2015.
The story centers around Asta, a young boy seemingly born without any magic power, something that is unknown in the world he lives in. With his fellow mages from the Black Bulls, Asta plans to become the next Wizard King.Originally Written By Epic Dope