Modern Warfare 2 offers a ton of customization options, in order to help players the settings most suitable for them to enjoy the game. These customizable options come in handy while playing both multiplayer and progressing through the campaign.
Having the best controller settings will help players to completely dominate both the campaign as well as the multiplayer. It will provide you with faster aim, more precision and accuracy while playing any of the game modes. Here’s how to have the best controller settings for MW 2:
1. Best controller settings for Modern Warfare 2
First, you need to change your Input to Controller in the Settings. All of the options mentioned below can be found in the Settings itself after changing your Input device.
I. Button Inputs
- Button Layout Preset: Tactical
- Flip L1/R1 with L2/R2: If you play with claw grip or want faster button press time, you should turn this On
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Controller Vibration: Off
- Trigger Effect (PS5): Off
II. For Aiming
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 0.9
III. Sensitivity Multiplier
- Third Person: 1.00
- Ground Vehicles: 1.00
- Air Vehicles: 1.00
- Tablet: 1.00
IV. Verticle Aim Axis
- On Foot: Standard
- Third Person: Standard
- Ground Vehicles: Standard
- Air Vehicles: Standard
2. Best Sensitivity settings for Modern Warfare 2
Go to Settings, then Controller, and under Aiming, you’ll find the options for Sensitivity. For starters, the Sensitivity should be set to 5-6. As players become more experienced with time, they can increase the sensitivity to suit their needs.
The ADS Sensitivity Multiplier should be set just below the Sensitivity to have more accuracy while aiming down shots.
An alternative would be to set the preset to Tactical Button Layer Preset which is found under Input as Edit Button Layout, as this allows more flexibility while sliding/diving and even crouching. In the end, it all comes down to the preferences of the players themselves.
3. Best Gameplay settings for Modern Warfare 2
All of the Gameplay options mentioned below can be accessed in the Settings menu. Head on to Controller and select Advanced besides it to access even more in-depth options to help you choose the best possible settings.
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Automatic Sprint: Off
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Interact/Reload Behavior: Prioritize Reload
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply One
- Target Aim Assist: On
- Aim Assist Type: Default
- Aim Response Curve Type: Dynamic
- ADS Sens. Multiplier: 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instant
- Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom: Increase if you feel sensitivity with higher optical zoom is too slow
- Sprint/Tactical Sprint Behavior: Toggle
- Auto Move Forward: Off (Unless Left Stick broken)
- Tactical Sprint Behavior: Single Tap Sprint
- Grounded Mantle: Off
- Automatic Airborne Mantle: Partial
- Automatic Ground Mantle: Off
- Invert Slide and Dive Behavior: Standard
- Plunging Underwater: Movement
- Parachute Auto-Deploy: On
- Sprinting Door Bash: On
- Grounded Mantle: Off
It is to be noted that Slide Cancelling can’t be executed in Modern Warfare 2.
- ADS Stick Swap: Off
- ADS Interruption Behavior: Interrupt
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: On
- Weapon Mount Exit Delay: Medium
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: On
- Quick C4 Detonation: On
- Vehicle Camera Recenter: Short Delay
- Camera Initial Position: Free Look
- Scoreboard Behavior: Toggle
- Ping Wheel Delay: Moderate
- Double Tap Danger Ping Delay: Moderate
4. Best Aim Assist settings for Modern Warfare 2
There are four types of Aim Assist that affect your playstyle in-game:
- Default: Traditional aim slowdown near target used in the Modern Warfare series.
- Precision: Strong aim slowdown that only kicks in when aiming closer to the target. Optimal settings for players who are accurate.
- Focusing: Strong aim slowdown that also kicks in when narrowly missing the target. Optimal for players new to analog aiming.
- Black Ops: Traditional aim slowdown near target used in the Black Ops series.
Head to Settings, then Controller, and select Advanced next to it. Scroll down to access Aim Assist. For starters, the Aim Assist Type should be set to Focusing as the aim assist becomes strongest when Focusing is enabled. Players should switch to Default with time.
As players become more experienced, they should switch to Traditional or Default so as to get the best use of aim assist. This will help players to have more control over their shots.
5. Best Field of View (FOV) settings for Modern Warfare 2
Go to Quick Settings, and head on to Field of View. Under FOV, set the settings between 100 to 115 to get the optimal field of view and help players take notice of all the things happening on screen properly. FOV significantly impacts your gameplay and performance.
The best way to determine the best controller settings is for players to play the game themselves, find out their own playstyles and tune the settings to suit their needs. Not everyone will have the same controller setting which is why it is advised to try out different options to find out the perfect playstyle for you.
6. About Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is a direct sequel to the 2019 reboot and will serve as the nineteenth installment in the CoD series. It was released on October 28, 2022, for PS 4, PS 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Season 2 of Modern Warfare II released for every platform on 15th February 2023 at 9 AM PT, along with additions of newer maps and game modes, along with new content and bug fixes.