At first, Jujutsu Kaisen looks nothing different than its brethren Shounen Jump series — a naive protagonist with more skills and brain than power, a supernatural threat, and an epic cliched story which grows in every direction at first.
The plot kicks off with the protagonist swallowing the finger of an ancient evil named Ryomen Sukuna, causing him to be possessed by it. Jujutsu Kaisen had a promising start, and it quickly made it to the West.
Considering how the Western Shonen Jump is already full of stellar titles, Jujutsu Kaisen making it to the spotlight was amazing.
The news of its possible anime adaptation came out weeks ago. Since then fans were busy guessing which studio will take the job. It will be interesting to see how Jujutsu Kaisen crafts a more unique version of itself in the anime market.
The official website for Jujutsu Kaisen manga released the upcoming anime’s first promotional video on Wednesday.
A few days ago, Weekly Shonen Jump tweeted that the anime will premiere sometime in Fall. And now it has been confirmed for October. It will air on the “Super Animeism” block on MBS, TBS, and their affiliate networks.
Previously, only a part of the cast was announced, and now some new additions have been made. Here is the complete list:
- Junya Enoki as Yūji Itadori
- Yūma Uchida as Megumi Fushiguro
- Asami Seto as Nobara Kugisaki
- Yūichi Nakamura as Satoru Gojō
- Junichi Suwabe as Sukuna Ryōmen (new)
- Director: Sunghoo Park (The God of High School)
- Writer and script supervisor: Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan: Lost Girls, Banana Fish, Vinland Saga)
- Character design: Tadashi Hiramatsu (His and Her Circumstances, Yuri!!! on Ice, Parasyte -the maxim-)
- Music composers: Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Yoshimasa Terui, and Arisa Okehazama
About Jujutsu Kaisen
Jujutsu Kaisen was initially published as a serialized manga in the Weekly Shonen Jump in 2018.
The story revolves around Yuuji Itadori, a high-school student, who, despite hating athletics, is insanely fit. Yuuji gets involved in the world of sorcery when he swallows a powerful talisman to protect his friends from its curse.
On observing that Yuuji wasn’t affected much even when inflicted with this curse, Satoru decides to send Yuuji on a quest to save the world.