“I am going to be super massive! This I promise you! I am the commander of 300 men, but I’m going to keep moving up and my squad is going to grow even stronger than before. The whole world is going to know the name of each one of us…”
The Hi Shin Unit or the Fei Xin Force sure started out small, but Shin has made sure to stand true to his word. Watching the growth of Shin and his unit has been incredibly thrilling, especially after all the hardships and battles they’ve been through.
Today, I’m going to break down all the achievements and contributions of the Hi Shin Unit in the main campaigns we’ve seen so far, their development as a unit, and a summary of their wins and losses by battle.
1. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Keiyou Campaign?
During the Battle at Dakan Plains or the Keiyou Campaign, the Hi Shin Unit slayed Wei’s chariot captains and 2 Wei officers, helping Qin win the campaign.
This battle took place in 245 BC and was fought between invading Qin forces led by Duke Hyou and Wei forces led by Go Kei.
The Hi Shin Unit wasn’t even formed yet, but this campaign was what led to its inception.
The Qin Army ordered a draft of foot soldiers made of villagers/peasants, that included Shin and Kyou Kai, to be led by Duke Hyou Army. Despite being the weakest soldiers there, the team emerged as underdogs.
- Shin killed a war chariot captain
- Kyou Kai organized the unorthodox defense strategy of creating mountains of corpses with shields and spears
- Shin killed Kou Rigen, one of the 10 Bows of China and a Wei officer
- Shin killed Ma Ki, a Wei officer
For their achievements, Shin was promoted to a 100-Man Commander.
2. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Bayou?
The Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Bayou were intercepting Zhao’s army, killing a general for the first time, defeating the enemy unit and saving the lives of civilians at the hands of Zhao’s Great Heaven Hou Ken.
This battle took place in 244 BC and was fought between Qin forces led by Ou Ki and Zhao forces led by Hou Ken.
This is where the Hi Shin Unit gained some rep, serving under the Great General Ou Ki himself. They were allowed to make their own strategies to fight against Zhao soldiers. After Ou Ki’s death at the hands of Hou Ken, Shin definitely stepped up his game.
- Infiltrated Zhao General Fuu Ki’s flank
- Shin killed Fuu Ki
- Shin killed Zhao Vice General, another one of the 10 Bows of China, Gi Ka
- Kyou Kai killed Fuu Ki’s 300-Man Commander Captain
- Kyou Kai killed Fuu Ki Army Commander Shuu
- Shin battled and survived Hou Ken, saving hundreds of lives
For their achievements, Shin was promoted to a 300-Man Commander.
3. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Sanyou Campaign?
The Hi Shin Unit’s contributions preceding and during the Sanyou Campaign include infiltrating Wei’s headquarters and killing a Wei general, a commander, and soldiers, helping Qin secure Sanyou.
This battle took place in 242 BC and was fought between Qin forces led by Mou Gou and Wei forces led by Haku Ki Sai.
Before the battle though, on the border between Qin and Wei, the Hi Shin Unit had a skirmish with the Wei Amry.
- Shin killed Gou Tan, a Wei solder
- Unit destroyed Wei Army HQ
The Hi Shin Unit was given a temporary 1000-Man status on the condition that the defeated a Wei General.
During the battle of Sanyou, the Hi Shin Unit proved themselves.
- So Sui killed Wei commander Gi Ryou
- Kyou Kai battled 500 men from Kai Shi Bou’s squad
- Shin killed the Wei General Rin Ko
Due to their achievements, the Hi Shin Unit was given a nobility rank of +3, 500 units of gold, and 5 treasure units. They were also officially promoted to a 1000-Man Unit.
4. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Kankoku Pass?
During the Battle at Kankoku Pass, the Hi Shin Unit contributed in holding their own under the guidance of Duke Hyou and then saving his army. Along with the armies of Mou Gou, Tou, Kan Ki and others, they helped form a line of defense around Kankoku Pass.
The Coalition Invasion battle took place in 241 BC between Qin and the warring states of Chu, Zhao, Wei, Han, and Yan. The Battle of Kankoku too place mainly between Zhao and Qin.
This huge war was the perfect opportunity for the Hi Shin Unit to show their might and build their fame. Shin and his unit were placed under Duke Hyou again to attack the central army. They were severely outnumbered, but managed to survive.
- Shin saved Duke Hyou and his Army from the rear on the first day
- Shin killed Zhao General Man Goku.
For their achievements, the unit was given 300 more men to make up for the slain, plus 2 500-Man units.
5. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Sai?
The Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Sai were fighting under the command of Ei Sei himself and joining Yo Tan Wa’s reinforcements against the Ri Boku Army, severely wounding Great General Hou Ken and forcing the Zhao forces to retreat.
This battle took place in 241 BC between Qin and the warring states of Chu, Zhao, Wei, Han, and Yan. This one in particular focuses on the siege of Sai.
- Shin killed a Southern Wall Commander of Sai
- Shin saved Ka Ryo Ten from being imprisoned
- They incapacitated the Kaine Unit and the Fu Tei Unit
- Ryuu Sen defeated Fu Tei
- Shin saved the prince Ei Sei’s life
- Shin killed Kaku Rou
- Shin killed Captain Sou
- Shin defended himself against Hou Ken with just 5000 soldiers
- Shin held off Hou Ken’s forces thus preventing the fall of Qin
For their achievements, the unit was given +1 nobility, further gold and treasure, and was officially promoted to a 3000-Man unit.
6. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Tonryuu?
During the siege at Tonryuu, the Hi Shin Unit was sent on a secret mission by Ei Sei to save Sei Kyou from the traitors. With the help of Heki’s Subjugation Army, the Hi Shin Unit stopped Zhao from advancing over the Mei Plains and later saved Sei’s wife, Rui from conspirators.
This battle took place in 239 BC.
After the 2-year timeskip, Kyou Kai was made a 1000-Man Commander, making the Hi Shin Uni a 5000-Man squad.
During the siege of Tonryuu, the Hi Shin Unit tried to supress the rebellion.
- Shin freed members of Sei Kyou Faction from an underground prison
- They saved Rui
- They helped the Ei Sei Faction gain members from the Sei Kyou Faction
7. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Chiyoyou Campaign?
The Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Chiyoyou Campaign included killing Wei Great General Rei Ou, fighting the enemy who were twice their number, held off Gai Mou and Go Hou Mei, and helped Qin win the key territory of Chiyoyou.
This battle took place in 239 BC and was fought between Qin forces led by Tou and Wei forces led by Go Hou Mei.
- Kyou Kai captured the Wei strategist Gai Mou Army and exchanged him for Ka Ryo Ten
- Kyou Kai killed Kan Toku who was posing as Go Hou Mei
- They burned down the Wei HQ
- Shin killed Wei Great General and one of the 7 Fire Dragons of Wei, Rei Ou
- Made Wei Army retreat
- Helped Qin conquer the Chiyoyou region
- Built fort at Chiyoyou
For their achievements, Kyou Kai was promoted to a 3000-Man Commander and Shin was promoted to a 5000-Man Commander.
8. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Kanyou?
The Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Ai Rebellion were quelling the rebels and helping Shou Hou Kun defeating the Rebel Army and saving Kanyou from being destroyed by war.
After the Coming of Age ceremony, the Queen Mother called for the independent state of Ai. Coupled with Ryo Fui’s scheming, the Hi Shin Unit faced traitors and enemies, having to save not just the betrayed, but also protect Ei Sei name and lineage.
- Teamed up with Sai Army to help defeat the Ai forces
- Aided Shou Hou Kun and his Army to kill Duke of Juuteki, the leader of the rebel forces
- Saved Kanyou from destruction
- Helped stop the Ai rebellion
9. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Kokuyou Campaign?
During the 5-day Battle of Kokuyou Hills, the Hi Shin Unit helped the Kan Ki Army seize the Kokuyou region fought Zhao generals Ba Tei and Ryuu Tou, and killed General Kei Sha.
This battle took place in 231 BC and was fought between Qin forces led by Kan Ki and Zhao forces led by Kei Sha and Rigan.
The Hi Shin Unit was sent along with the Kan Ki Army to capture the region of Kokuyou, which would become the entry point for Qin during their invasion of Zhao.
- Shin killed the Zhao General and Commander-in-Chief, Kei Sha, stopping him from attacking Kan Ki
- Kyou Kai killed the Zhao General Ryuu Tou, stopping the enemies from attacking Kan Ki’s army
- The Unit broke through Zhao Army’s fortifications and won the hills of Kokuyou against Zhao
10. What were Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Western Zhao Invasion?
The Hi Shin Unit’s contributions during the Battle of Shukai Plains in the Western Zhao invasion included fighting as Qin Army’s right wing, fought Gyou’un’s army, blow through Zhao’s defense, killed 3 generals, and the Great Heaven, Hou Ken.
After Qin’s victory in the Kokuyou Campaign, they officially declared war against Zhao. The Hi Shin Unit decided that they needed to fortify their numbers because they hadn’t received any more men after the losses from the previous battle.
Through demanding tests, Shin recruited more soldiers with special abilities, including Na Ki and Suu Gen. Shin began training with Ou Ki’s glaive, preparing himself for what was to come.
- Joined forced with Yo Tan Wa’s army to capture Retsubi in half a day
- Opened the path for the Invasion Army into Zhao
- Joined forces with Gaku Ka Unit and Gyoku Hou Unit to capture 2 Zhao cities
- Shin slayed Zhao Generals Gaku Ei and Chou Ga Ryuu
- Helped push the Qin right wing to the centre
- Sou Tan killed Zhao General Kin Mou
- Sou Jin and Sou Tan help the right wing close in on Ri Boku’s HQ
- Shin killed Hou Ken, one of the first gen 3 Great Heavens
- Helped the Ou Sen Army push the Ri Boku Army to retreat in Gyou, where Kan Ki awaited them
Kyou Kai was promoted to a 5000-Man Commander.
For defeating Hou Ken and exacting revenge for Ou Ki, Shin was finally promoted to General.
The Hi Shin Unit, that began with just 100 men, became a 15,000-Man Army. What a journey!
11. About Kingdom
Kingdom is a Japanese seinen manga series written and illustrated by Yasuhisa Hara.
The manga provides a fictionalised account of the Warring States period primarily through the experiences of the war orphan Xin and his comrades.
In the story, Xin fights to become the most significant general under the heavens, and in doing so, unifying China for the first time in history.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores and/or online campaigns. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.