Dying Light 2 follows Aiden searching for any clues to relocate his missing sister Mia in the city of Villedor. The thrilling game has a Metacritic score of 77 on PC and Xbox versions whereas the PS5 version was rated a mediocre 76. While the storyline and open world was highly praised, many felt that the stealth and zombie attacks had potential to be much more than shown.
Dying Light 2 recently released the update 1.12.2 which is a small hotfix mainly focused on bug fixes. Fans can also find a new 100 DL Point pack in the in-game store. The update for consoles will be available in the next two weeks.
Here are the changes and fixes in update 1.12.2:
1. In-Game Store
- We’ve added a new 100 DL Points pack.
2. Bug fixes
- Fixed instances when the “Community Maps” tab would freeze for some time after accessing it.
- Fixed stutter and unwanted pop-up windows when changing Gamma settings while in game.
- Fixed stutter when hovering over City Alignment benefits in the menu.
- Fixed stutter when hovering over Tools in the Inventory menu.
- Fixed graphical alignment of installed mods on Mercenary Machete.
- Fixed an exploit when a player could pick up the same inhibitor twice after defeating a GRE Anomaly while playing in co-op.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accessing an old save file on PS4 and PS4 Pro.
- Fixed the performance issue of the Skip Prologue video on PS4 and PS4 Pro, when using the feature from the Pause Menu.
The end-user license agreement regarding mods in Dying Light 2 has also been updated. The new guidelines specify that players are free to create, use and distribute mods through Techland’s approved platform as long as they stick to the company’s Mod Policy.
The eight main fixes listed apply to every platform the game is available in. The update has fixed the stuttering and unwanted pop-ups players might be facing at different points in the game. A graphical glitch appearing while installing mods on the Mercenary Machete has also been fixed.
The primary purpose of the latest hotfix in Dying Light 2 was to clean up the game. The update was designed keeping players’ valuable feedback in mind. Minor bugs and glitches have been fixed, making the gameplay much smoother.
3. About Dying Light 2 Stay Human
Dying Light 2 Stay Human is a sequel to Techland’s 2015 open-world, zombie parkour action-adventure title Dying Light.
The game puts you in the shoes of Aiden Caldwell and is set 20 years after the first game’s events. You will be based in the City, located in Europe, and have free reign of the map and how you wish to traverse the area. Parkour will be your most used form of transport in the game, and the crafting system is also making a return.
There is also a decision system where your choices through the story affect the world around you. This could lead to more opportunities to earn resources, unlock shortcuts, and, most importantly, make the lives of those in the City more easy or difficult.