Diablo IV, ever since its beta testing period in mid-March, has had class balancing issues. First, the Necromancers were overpowered, and the patch meant to fix it nerfed them.
As a result, quite a few patches were expected soon after release. Other issues plaguing the game included long loading times and long queues that the players were facing in the early access period ahead of launch.
Blizzard, the developers of Diablo IV, have released a patch 1.0.2d ahead of the official full release of the game. In this patch, the developers look to improve the overall balance in the game. They are turning down the effectiveness of specific builds and some Paragon Glyphs and tuning up some skills and builds that have underperformed.
All the balancing in patch 1.0.2d follows a previous patch that disabled the Gohr’s Devastating Grips for Barbarians. The latest patch brings it back after being balanced to deliver less damage than before.
The grips, in general, will also gain less bonus explosion damage from Whirlwind. They will also no longer gain a bonus from destructible objects and only gain it from the first 100 hits of Whirlwind.
The Necromancer minions and Druid companions had been nerfed earlier. The developers are following up on their promises from the Server Slam a month ago.
The Necromancer minions and Druid companions will thus receive buffed defenses, taking less damage from damage-over-time effects. Several Necromancer abilities, such as Blood Lance, Blood Wave, and Army of the Dead, also received some buffs.
One thing to remember is that the developers have thought the balancing through. They nerfed the Paragon Glyphs by 34%. Some special Glyphs that improved critical strike chance had their power reduced by 66%, including a reduction in node bonuses by up to 50%.
One of the main complaints that players have from this patch is the lack of a fix for the Stolen Artifice Sidequest in Scosglen. The quest remains disabled even after patch 1.0.2d.
Some minor bugs were fixed as well. This includes the name glitch for the Light-bearer Mount, the go-to shop button from the Wardrobe not opening the shop properly, permanent stunning issues on subsequent Freezing effects after using Deep Freeze, and other stability-related fixes.
The developers are living up to their word, following up with a strong roadmap even after launch. It’s great that they are listening to the community’s feedback and striving to deliver the best gaming experience.
About Diablo IV
Diablo IV, developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment, is the fourth installment in the classic Diablo series. It was announced back in 2019 at BlizzCon. The game is scheduled to be released on June 6, 2023.
Players will fight against the darkness to save the Sanctuary in the brutal battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells. You can either play solo or with your friends in the co-op mode.
The developers are set to release a beta on March 24th,2023.