With the coronavirus still at large and no vaccine in sight, we see more and more delays to every industry. The production of anime and manga has equally suffered as many anime have stopped putting out new episodes, and many manga release schedules have been delayed.
@WSJ_manga, a reliable (but unofficial) source of information about the Weekly Shonen Jump, recently tweeted out the schedule for the expected dates of Shonen Jump issue releases for 2020.
This is the expected schedule for future Shonen Jump issues on this year (JST dates):— Weekly Shonen Jump (@WSJ_manga) May 19, 2020
-Issue 26 on 1st June (Monday)
-Issue 27 on 8th June (Monday)
-Issue 28 on 15th June (Monday)
-Issue 29 on 22nd June (Monday)
-Issue 30 on 27th June (Provisional, Saturday)
The full list (in PDT) is:
- Issue 26 on May 31 (Sunday)
- Issue 27 on June 7 (Sunday)
- Issue 28 on June 14 (Sunday)
- Issue 29 on June 23 (Sunday)
- Issue 30 on June 26 (Provisional, Friday)
- Issue 31 on July 5 (Sunday)
- Issue 32 on July 12 (Sunday)
- Issue 33 + 34 on July 19 (Sunday)
- Issue 35 on August 2 (Sunday)
- Issue 36 + 37 on August 10 (Tuesday)
- Issue 38 on August 23 (Sunday)
- Issue 39 on August 30 (Sunday)
- Issue 40 on September 6 (Sunday)
- Issue 41 on September 13 (Sunday)
- Issue 42 on September 18 (Friday)
- Issue 43 on September 27 (Sunday)
While most of the schedule seems to follow the usual Sunday-release pattern, some issues will be released earlier to accommodate holidays for Shonen Jump employees.
This list may vary if any extreme conditions arrive in this pandemic.
About Weekly Shonen Jump
Weekly Shōnen Jump is a weekly shōnen manga anthology published in Japan by Shueisha under the Jump line of magazines. It is the best-selling manga magazine, as well as one of the longest-running; the first issue was released with a cover date of August 1, 1968.
The manga series within the magazine target young male readers. They tend to consist of many action scenes and a fair amount of comedy. The chapters of series that run in Weekly Shōnen Jump are collected and published in tankōbon volumes under the “Jump Comics” imprint every two to three months.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores and/or online campaigns. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.