A Certain Scientific Railgun (Toaru Kagaku no Rerugan) is a Japanese manga series written by Kazuma Kamachi and illustrated by Motoi Fuyukawa. It began serialization in the April 2007 issue of ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Daioh magazine. The story of the manga is based on the events of A Certain Magical Index light novel series.
JC Staff, famous for their works in much fantasy-themed anime, picked up the manga for an animated adaptation whose first season ran from October 2009 to March 2010. The series has inspired 2 seasons, an OVA and a feature film that aired in 2013. The third season for the series, titled “A Certain Scientific Railgun T”, has been confirmed to premiere in January 2020.
1. Release Date & Theme Song:
The official website for the third season for the show announced the premiere date of the anime to be 10th January 2020.
The show will run on AT-X Channel, Tokyo MX, BS11, MBS and the AbemaTV streaming service (Japan-based). The opening theme song for the anime will be performed by fripSide and the ending theme song, titled “Nameless Story” will be performed by Kishida Kyōdan & The Akeboshi Rockets.
Character designs for the upcoming season have been released:
A Promotional Video went live alongside the announcement of the release date on 14th December:
3. Key Visual
4. Cast and Staff:
- Rina Satou as Mikoto Misaka
- Satomi Arai as Kuroko Shirai
- Aki Toyosaki as Kazari Uiharu
- Kanae Itō as Ruiko Saten
- Azumi Asakura as Misaki Shokuhō
- Kengo Kawanishi as Gunha Sogiita
- Miyu Tomita as Mitori Kōzaku
- Yukiyo Fujii as Seria “Bare Navel Headband” Kumokawa
- Tatsuyuki Nagai – Director
- Shogo Yasukawa – Series Scripts
- Yuichi Tanaka – Animation Character Designer
- Kentaro Izumi – Art Director
- Jin Aketagawa – Sound Director
- Shingo Fukuyo – Director of Photography
- Tomomi Andō – Color Design
- Maiko Iuchi – Music Composition
- Shigeru Nishiyama – Editing
About A Certain Scientific Railgun
The events of the series take place in a futuristic world full of students, many of whom are espers with unique powers. The protagonist, Mikoto Misaka, is a high-level electro master esper. The story revolves around the adventures of Mikoto, along with her friends: Kuroko Shirai, Kazari Uiharu, Ruiko Saten.